7.9.17

Summer is not over yet


Majority of my Instagram and Facebook feeds are currently telling that summer is over and it is time to find last year’s jacket and collection of scarfs. I am actually quite jealous about it. I am looking outside of the window and there is occasionally still 30 degrees warm and sun is shining. My mind is just telling me it is wrong and I can “feel” the autumn. I love seasons and I am confused because the weather here doesn’t seem to understand that season is supposed to change.

Even locals have told that this summer was exceptional. All the news kept reporting about “Lucifer” heatwave and there really was times I didn’t want to leave air conditioned spaces. It definitely was not enjoyable and I have to admit that only tanned place on my body is my shoulders. Heatwave claimed victims across southern Europe so there is some “measure” how intense it was here. And Zagreb wasn’t even the worst spot.


I am not sure if I should be a bit disappointed about this summer or was it relatively OK. It went so fast I didn’t have time to take the most out of it. I didn’t have holiday and because of work, we didn’t have that much time to enjoy what Zagreb had to offer. I visited Bosnia and Herzegovina, we went for wedding anniversary to Slovenia and during weekends we tried to enjoy the city. But honestly I have to admit that Croatia hasn’t treated us fairly and living here gives us mixed feelings. When the summer is finally ending and it is getting darker and rainy, how will we feel then?

My summer feeling got boosted a bit after I was skyping with my parents over the weekend. After a call they decided to buy tickets to Zagreb so, we’re waiting for first visitors from Finland here in Zagreb in three weeks! I’m looking forward for their arrival and I am sure tears are inevitable at the airport. My parents visited me already in Warsaw, but it has been few months since we saw last time. M hasn’t seen them since February. Only now, when I know they are finally coming here, I realize how much I miss my family and friends. This is the biggest downside of being an expat.

No comments:

Post a Comment