8.9.17

Alone in Zagreb


Today starts my first time here in Zagreb that I will be alone. Since M came to Croatia and started to work he was told that he will get full amount of days off as everyone else and he has to take it before summer season ends, minimum 10 days in one go. Unfortunately, I do have holidays but my company policy doesn’t allow me to use them before I have been working for half a year. Therefore, it was inevitable that at some point M will take his holidays while I am saving my holiday for Christmas or some other occasion. Wasting 10 days of holiday here at home would be stupid so he decided to visit his family and friends in Poland, as well as look for possible job opportunities there. It never hurts to look around.

So, what will I do here for two weeks “alone”? I put it in brackets because obviously I am not really alone. I am working daily meaning 8 hours of social contacts and I have my furry companions at home. I am also used to travel alone, but still for some reason I feel a bit down when thinking about next two weeks. I am super happy for M that he gets a chance to visit Poland and also see his family, but same time I really wish I could go with him.

Here is my survival plan:
  • Go to the gym 3-4 times a week 
  • Go for coffee/wine with a colleague once a week 
  • Try new restaurants here in Zagreb (now that vegetarian options aren’t restricted) 
  • Watch movies and enjoy ”me” time 
  • Go shopping 
  • Stay in sugar-free diet for one more week (going great!) 
  • Try to wake up without coffee served to my bed

After M is back, September is nearly over and my parents will come for extended weekend. There is really something to wait for!

* Picture is from Warsaw when I was still living there. I miss Poland <3

No comments:

Post a Comment